- This event has passed.
DFARS New Cyber Rule on Unclassified Controlled Technical Information (UCTI)
March 3, 2015 @ 11:30 am - 1:00 pm
- Introduction to DFARS requirements: Definition, Safeguarding, Reporting
- Effects on Prime and Sub Contractors
- Understanding Unclassified Technical Information (UCTI)
- Level of Effort in order to implement NIST SP800-53 controls
- Reporting requirements
- Benefits of Implementation
On November 18, 2013, the Department of Defense (DoD) issued a final rule, effective the same day, amending the Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement (DFARS) to impose requirements for safeguarding unclassified controlled technical information residing on contractor information technology systems and databases.
The responsibility to label and identify UCTI as well as verification of DFARS compliance falls on the government. But how the government will verify implementation is still undefined.