Dr. Morris is cyrrently the Director, Center for Cybersecurity Research and Education at the University of Alabama in Huntsville. His primary research area is computer security. His current research involves security for industrial control systems (SCADA, Smartgrid, Smart meters, process control systems). Together with a group of student researchers, he is investigating control system vulnerabilities and developing methods for control system intrusion detection, forensic data logging, and network traffic authentication.
Before joining The University of Alabama in Huntsville he worked at Mississippi State University from 2008-2015 and Texas Instruments from 1991-2008. At MSU, he served as an associate professor and center director. At TI, he worked as a digital designer and/or digital design verification engineer.
• Ph.D., Computer Engineering, Southern Methodist University, 2008
• M.S., Computer Engineering, Southern Methodist University, 2001
• B.S., Electrical Engineering, Texas A&M University, 1994
- Pan, S., Morris, T., Adhikari, U., Developing a Hybrid Intrusion Detection System Using Data Mining for Power Systems, IEEE Transactions on Smart Grid. doi: 10.1109/TSG.2015.2409775
- Pan, S., Morris, T., Adhikari, U., Classification of Disturbances and Cyber-attacks in Power Systems Using Heterogeneous Time-synchronized Data, IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics. doi: 10.1109/TII.2015.2420951
- Pan, S., Morris, T., Adhikari, U., A Specification-based Intrusion Detection Framework for Cyber-physical Environment in Electric Power System, International Journal of Network Security (IJNS), Vol.17, No.2, PP.174-188, March 2015.
- Gao, W., Morris, T.,On Cyber Attacks and Signature Based Intrusion Detection for MODBUS Based Industrial Control Systems. The Journal for Digital Forensics, Security and Law (JDFSL). Volume 9, No. 1. 2014
- Srivastava, A., Morris, T., Ernster, T., Vellaithurai, C., Pan, S., Adhikari, U. Modeling Cyber-Physical Vulnerability of the Smart Grid With Incomplete Information. IEEE Transactions on Smart Grid. Volume 4, No.1, pp.235-244, March 2013. doi: 10.1109/TSG.2012.2232318
- Abu-Nimeh, S., Foo, E., Fovino, I.N., Govindarasu, M., Morris, T., “Cyber security of networked critical infrastructures [Guest Editorial],” IEEE Network, vol.27, no.1, pp.3-4, January-February 2013